Snippets of life

Welcome to Crazytown - Seriously, it's crazy here.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

No, You Funny Funny Man - I Am NOT Getting A Minivan

I am now, officially, a "Soccer Mom." Dear God - it all happened so very fast. I don't remember when it actually took place, but now that both boys are playing soccer - Medium Pants for "The Demolition" and Small Pants for "The Beetles" - I have now earned that moniker. It is a definative sign of the Apocolypse.

My dear brother, whom I love with all my heart, commented to me that I was now the dreaded soccer mom. My next step in the metomorphosis was to rush out and buy a minivan. He is such a jackass sometimes. I said that the SUV we currently own was working just fine, thanks. Besides there will be no new auto purchasing going on at the Pants household any time soon - BRACES!!! Remember?

He said that they had a minivan and loved it. I replied.... Yes, well that would be because either there is not a pharmacy OR a Circle K near your home, judging by the fact that you have 4 kids - and two of them came as a surprise. I'll give you one surprise, but two? Do you not know how the other three got here? Get cable for God's sake.

I plan on getting a new SUV in the next few years, so no minivan - especially now that I can get one of those DVD players in the ceiling in a Tahoe! Who needs an Aerostar? Not me, no sir. No can do. Seriously - just so not me. At all. I know they are nice and roomy and you can split the brats up so they aren't poking each other in the eye. And they are fine for some people, just not me. So all you minivan owners out there - don't send me hate mail. I just don't want one - the fact that you have one is fine. Really.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    I like my Burbie. It's sort of a cross between the two.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Nessa said…

    Don't worry, Justin. You can still be a soccer mom with an SUV. In fact, when I go to Jazz's soccer games (went, I should say, she hasn't played the last few weeks) minivans are out-numbered by SUVs 2 to 1.
    I told Michael if our son insists on playing sports of any kind, we're putting the stickers on his Mustang. Yeah right!
    BTW, thank you for the sweater and hat set. They are ADORABLE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home