Snippets of life

Welcome to Crazytown - Seriously, it's crazy here.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

C'mon....Let Me Explain!

I have received several, ok, quite a few, e-mails from "concerned readers" (whatever!) who thought that my last post was an attack on kids with ADHD or spastic behavior, most directly the one who lives two doors down, affectionately called Spazwad.

I assure you, it was not. I do not know all the ins and out of diagnosing ADHD and I am no Tom Cruise - some issues may be better served with medications. I feel, and I may be incorrect here, admittedly, that this child would be better served with some sort of medication. He is unable to exhibit self control and it is affecting not only his education, but his relationships with his peers.

I am certainly not going to win any parent of the year awards. Never claimed that I would. I do; however, feel that there is not one single child on this Earth that would NOT benefit from more positive attention from his parents. You can't just open the door and tell your 6 year old to go play and expect him to stimulate himself all day every day. You are just setting yourself up for trouble and I believe that if that is the way you choose to parent, you cannot be surprised when the knock at your door one afternoon is the police.

All the child wants is someone to play with, some attention and to have some fun. I never said I didn't want him to never set foot in my yard again. I would just like to have some time to devote my attention entirely to MY children and I think they as parents should do the same.

If you think that is unreasonable, you can kiss my ass.

I'm betting I'll be seeing you on the news years from now. Through a stream of tears with police cars in the background, you will be saying "But he was always such a good boy........."

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    The operative phrase here being "Kiss my Azz."

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree with you about the meds for ADHD, Justin.

    My daughter is seriously thinking of having my Grandson accessed. He is showing a tendency to display uncontrolled bouts of temper, which seem to be quite unprovoked. The simple word 'no', seems to set him off.

    He could just be spoilt rotten, but I agree, she needs to find out one way or the other.

    No wonder your neighbour is happy to send her son to your house, it is really tough dealing with unruly children.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home