Snippets of life

Welcome to Crazytown - Seriously, it's crazy here.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yet Even More American Idol Blogging.....

I just can't stop. I love this show.

I have no time whatsoever today, so I must be very very brief. I have to go meet with Medium Pants' Challenge teacher; who by the way looks strikingly like Gene Wilder, to discuss his class agenda for next year, go over TCAPS, etc. We have to do this every year and every year it is the same thing. He goes on and on about how brilliant and well-rounded Medium Pants is (for which I take full credit) and I can do absolutely nothing but sit there, stare at his hair and think of comments like...

"I'm a Fronkensteen."

"Abby Normal?"

"Perhaps I can help you with that hump."

"Uh-Oh, Bart. I think Mongo here's taken' a likin' to you."


So, as you can see, it's very hard for me to concentrate during this meeting. And maybe I should take back any and all credit for that child's intelligence. But I digress...

American Idol-

Katherine - Really stunk it up - way up. She should go home now. I like her, and if she had just stood there and sung her last song without all the runs and crap, she may have saved herself. But excuse me, you just don't fuck with The Big E. You don't play with Elvis tunes and try and jimmy them up and what Simon said was right on the money. No, not when he told Paula to shut up - when he told Katherine it was way over the top.

Elliot - Came out swingin' and is here to play. That was pretty impressive, and I would like to see him stay. And if you don't get it, you are just an idiot.

Chris - Put the mike stand down.

Taylor - You know I cannot say anything bad about him.

Oh, and let me wrap up by saying I think Tommy Mottola is an ass. I noticed he struggled to say one nice thing about my sweet little Mr. Tumnus and that pissed me off. I belive he said, "He'll really have to work hard to pull that off." Well he did didn't he Mr. Big Record Guy? I don't care whose career you have made (or whose nervous breakdown you can take credit for - Mariah) but you, my friend, are a complete self absorbed pompous ass.

Final word - bottom two should be Elliot and Taylor.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And then came "What hump". Oh, that movie was hysterical.

    I think Vero likes it, too.

    Now, I'm off the read the American Idol spoiler, if there is one.

    Have a good day, Justin.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh no! Don't tell me you think Katherine is going to win this thing!

    If so, my TV better "duck".

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mgt-I think Katherine may be the most "marketable" from a pop music standpoint, but she is my least favorite of the remaining three.

    I love Taylor, but I still stand by my final two prediction of Taylor and Elliot. And I would love for either of them to win. I would buy both their albums.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Justin, surely you don't mean that Elliot or Taylor, should be leaving?

    Am I reading that last sentence correcly? Bottom two, Elliot and Taylor!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, sorry, I should have refreshed.

    You mean that Elliot and Taylor should be in the "final two", not "bottom two".

    Phew! You had me going, there.

    I think we have similar feelings about the singers.

    Elliot is my out and out favourite, though. I love him!

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good morning, Justin!

    I get to see American Idol, tonight.

    I think I will get some spring rolls, chicken balls and battered prawns for dinner. Put my feet up and pretend my family can't speak. Sigh, such blissful thought!

    Have a good weekend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home