Snippets of life

Welcome to Crazytown - Seriously, it's crazy here.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Party Time. That's Right. You Heard Me.

Well, it's done. I just mailed the check for the deposit on the petting zoo/pony party. Here's the thing about Pants. He is an incurable tightwad - he pours over every receipt I give him, every thing I say I want to buy and every single bill that comes in. Now don't misunderstand, I don't buy anything unless it's on sale! But his "frugality" is a very good counteraction to my "Well, that is a very pretty color, it's on sale and I think I need it" method of buying.

He doesn't give me too hard a time and we have the agreement that any major (over $100) purchase must first be discussed. Most of the things I buy are for the house or the kids and I really have curbed that whole shopping addiction, so it's ok. After discussing the party - he said he knew that it was what I wanted and agreed that Small Pants would enjoy it. He then said that while he thought it was too much for some smelly animals, if I wanted it, we would do it.

So there you have it - Small Pants will be channelling John Wayne on his birthday and I know the smiles and giggles eminating from that child will more than make up for the measley $250 it is costing. Besides, I wanted this so much, I gave up my dream of a hydranga bed on the side of the house this year. I still plan to work on getting that koi pond though....

I just have to plan the sneak attack when Pants has forgotten about this party expenditure.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    He manages the money, and you manage him. Sounds OK to me!

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In my opinion, you will be getting a quality party for the money.

    Be thankful that you have the climate to accommodate a pony-ride party.

    It all sounds worth the dollars to me, Justin. Well done! Your son is going to love it.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree anony! I can't wait to see his face light up. And my dear brother has already agreed to man the camcorder, so I can watch it all in person and then again later.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That 2:46AM was me, Justin.

    Sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home