Snippets of life

Welcome to Crazytown - Seriously, it's crazy here.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Not so bad after all

I started my new job today. It's not so bad after all. Everyone seemed very nice, my office has a window, I get off 30 minutes earlier and I have a fancy new computer. So, I shouldn't complain. There was an uneven ratio of men to women in the office, and while I am much more comfortable working with men than women, all the ladies seem very nice. Usually, you put that many women together in one spot and the meowing begins. They have all been working together for a few years, so maybe they aren't that type.

I do miss my old boss terribly, but we e-mailed each other a couple of times and his sarcasm perked me up. I swear though, if I win that freakin' powerball, he has got it made!

We had a nice quiet New Year's at home with the neighbors. We haven't been out on New Year's Eve in forever. I just am not a big fan of two things: crowds and dying as a result of a drunk driver. There are just too many on the streets that night and maybe 15 years ago it was fun. Not so much now. We played that Scene It game - the TV edition. I royally sucked at it. I'll just go ahead and offend Veterans everywhere - I HATE M*A*S*H*. So help me God, every other question was about that Tranny or the Hot Lips chick (who wasn't so very hot in my opinion - I guess when you are at war, shagging the hound isn't such a bad thing).

Well, now that that is done. I have been ridiculously busy this week and this look like they may ease up in the next few days. Let's hope so.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger stacey said…

    My husband and I stayed in on New Year's too. Our town's so small that going "out" is actually at least a half hour away. On the bright side all the drunks can easily fit into one car here so it's pretty easy to avoid them.

    I've never played the game you mention but I would have totally won if the questions were about M*A*S*H. When I was in high school the reruns were on at 11 p.m. and I'd watch it as an excuse to stay up a little longer.

    I'm glad the new job is working out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home